Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Creating Networks of Purpose

Every day I'm contacted by people from Chicago and other cities who are asking for information related to tutoring/mentoring. This happens because I also spend part of each day in many forums where I share information and invite people to get connected to the information I host on the Tutor/Mentor Connection web site.

Here's a collaboration presentation I'm sharing today.

My aim is to draw more people to the web library, and to the conference we're hosting on May 29 and 30 in Chicago. By doing so we help program learn ways to improve their programs over the summer, so in August when school starts they can recruit more volunteers, serve more kids, and have a bigger impact on aspirations and learning.

By drawing more people to the conference, we create greater public visibility, and hopefully draw more dollars, and talented volunteers, from business, universities and churches so that each program has the resources do put the good ideas to work in their own programs this summer.

If you click into the links on the left you can find many places where I network and share ideas. These are places where you might also find valuable ideas or share your own knowledge and experience. I hope to meet you in one or more of these virtual communities, or at the May conference.

No comments: