Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Connecting Teams from Fraternities to T/MC


"I am an Acacian. I am Proud of it."
Alumnus spotlight - Dan Bassill, Illinois Wesleyan '68

That's a pledge I took in 1964 when I joined the Acacia Fraternity at Illinois Wesleyan. Through four years of college my participation in this fraternity helped me mature as a leader, and helped me expand my ideas of social justice and the way we can influence what happens in the world. I've stayed connected to the fraternity ever since and when I formed Cabrini Connections, Tutor/Mentor Connection, two of my fraternity brothers were there to help me.

Today the the email newsletter of Acacia National Fraternity included an article telling of the work I'm doing with Cabrini Connections, Tutor/Mentor Connection.

They did this to help launch a collaboration between ACACIA, the T/MC and universities aimed at helping local chapters build a T/MC leadership strategy which would draw support to tutor/mentor programs in the community where each college chapter is located. An Acacia Group on our Ning site has been created. This is where we invite interested alumni and undergrads to join with us, and where we'll coach them to understand the T/MC goals, using these ideas as our strategy.

If you're a member of Acacia, we encourage you to join us there.

No comments: