Friday, March 18, 2011

Expanding the Network

I spend time every day searching the network for places where I can share ideas and connect with others who are also working to support the growth of volunteer-based tutor/mentor programs. Each forum connects me with a range of people beyond those who come to our web sites. Each represents potential volunteers and donors who would help us do our work, and whom we can help do their work more effectively.

This map shows just a few of the connections I have made. I've highlighted the "In the Arena Forum" who invited me to participate and introduced me with this article.
See PDF of this map.

At this link you can browse a list of organizations where we connect and share ideas, or who have written articles about Cabrini Connections, Tutor/Mentor Connection, to help us share our ideas. Scroll through the "blog exchange" links on this site and you can see many more examples of such connections.

There's a discussion about philanthropy and social change taking place on Social Edge this week. See how I share ideas and connect people from my network by my participation. This is intended to earn trust and interest which draws more people to become involved with the T/MC and the work we do.

No comments: