Saturday, September 08, 2012

Applying Action Research to Process Improvement

A while back I wrote this article and included a link to a paper titled the Cyclical Process of Action Research.

I found this video on my Linkedin site today.

How action research can help to deliver better services from iriss on Vimeo.


To me this is a form of Total Quality Management (TQM) that I learned when I was working at Montgomery Ward in the 1970s. If we can learn from what we do, what our customers tell us and what our competitors do we can apply what we learn in constant process improvement.

That works well when you have the resources to do the research, facilitate the learning, and invest in the suggested process improvements.

I'd like to find someone who would do videos like this focusing on the challenges non profits face in attracting consistent, flexible operating revenue and a wide range of talent needed to build quality organizations. If we can get more people into this discussion perhaps we can do much more to help high quality programs reach young people in more of the poverty areas of Chicago and other cities.

I've been looking for volunteers, partners and/or sponsors/benefactors to help me apply this thinking in the work of the Tutor/Mentor Connection and Tutor/Mentor Institute, LLC for many years.

Can you help?

No comments: