Thursday, January 02, 2014

Stories About Violence - Eight from my blog

Making year-end reading lists seems popular so I decided to make a few myself. Today's list includes stories about Chicago street violence, which I've posted on my blog in the past year. Below are the date, and the headline. Click the link to read the story.


Jan 29, 2013
Last of Four Siblings Killed on Street. What’s Your Reaction? link

May 20, 2013
Violence, Drugs and Mentoring - Chicago - link

June 21, 2013
Mobilize your community assets to fight violence link

July 07, 2013
Mapping Chicago Violence. Engaging Community. link

July 19, 2013
Derrick Rose talks about poverty, violence in Chicago - link

September 16, 2013
Using Street Violence to Sell Newspaper - link

October 30, 2013
Covering Violence in Chicago. Covering the Solutions - link

June 20, 2013
Don't "ride by" poverty. Get involved. link

I've been posting stories like these since I started my this blog in 2005. Similar stories with maps are shown on the MappingForJustice blog.

All of my articles have a common purpose. More people need to be actively, and strategically, involved in providing the operating resources, talent, technology and ideas needed to build and sustain mentor-rich non school learning centers in areas with high incidents of violence, and high concentrations of poverty and poorly performing schools.

If this is your passion, and your commitment, let's connect in 2014.

No comments: