Tuesday, September 20, 2022

New additions to Tutor/Mentor Library

Since 1970s I've been building a library of information that supports my efforts, and those of others, who are involved with organized, volunteer-based tutor/mentor programs.  

I used this graphic in the 1990s to show what type of information was being collected.

In the mid 2000s when I started building concept maps I created a set of maps to show the four main sections of the library.  

Open the concept map below then click on the small boxes at t he bottom of each node. 

These will open new maps showing the type of information in that section, and provide links to the actual library.  For instance, the map below shows the research section of the library.

The links in the library are in alphabetical order, which means you need to scroll each list to find what's included or to find specific articles.  It's not ideal, or as interactive as the library I hosted between 2006 and 2016, but with limited resources, it's the best I can do.

I keep adding new links and set up a page in July 2022 to list those, as I add them.  You can see the most recent additions below.

Under each description I include a link to the section of the library where I've placed that link.  I hope it helps.  Of course, after a few months, or a year, this list might become too long to be of value.

Between 1995 and 2015 I was supported by interns from various universities. However, I was never able to establish a formal, on-going program, at any university, that would take ownership of the library, my archives, and the goals and strategy that I've piloted.


Here are a few articles where I've shared this invitation. I hope you'll share it with colleges and universities in Chicago and around the country.  I also hope you'll share it with people like MacKenzie Scott, who has been making multi-million dollar gifts to non-profits in Chicago and around the country.


The Tutor/Mentor Institute, LLC is not a non-profit, so does not qualify for such a gift.  However, a university who wants to adopt the Tutor/Mentor Connection strategy, library and archives, could qualify. 

MacKenzie Scott could make that happen, and in doing so leverage all the other gifts she has been making to youth serving and violence prevention organizations.  

View the concept map below, showing work interns did to help me in past years. Visit this blog to learn more about these. 

These projects demonstrate how interns have spent time learning about the Tutor/Mentor Connection and Tutor/Mentor Institute, LLC, then have created visualizations and blog articles to share what they have learned with people they know.

These are examples of how anyone who is still reading could share this article with people who might provide the money and leadership to create a new T/MC on a college campus.

I'm on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram (see links) and hope you'll connect with me. 

Thanks for reading.  If you're able to support me with a small contribution, click on this page

No comments: