Sunday, May 21, 2023

Learn more about Artificial Intelligence

Since March 2023 I've been participating with a group of educators who are learning about Artificial Intelligence and tools like ChatGPT.  You can browse articles here and hear to see what I've been sharing from this learning journey. 

Today on Twitter I saw a post about AI resources shared by Sheri Edwards, who lives in Washington state, along with a response from Kevin Hodgson, who lives in Massachusetts. 

I followed the link to the article Kevin shared, titled "Making Sense of Artificial Intelligence: The A to Z Guide" and found it to be a really well illustrated, easy-to-understand, guide.  

Another useful resource that Kevin is hosting is this list of ETMOOC2 blogs, which he is sharing on this Wakelet page.


I keep sharing this information with the goal that leaders of youth tutor, mentor and learning programs, as well as classroom educators and public leaders will use these ideas to build and sustain on-going efforts that reach K-12 youth in high poverty areas and help them move through school and into adult lives free of poverty.

Below is a concept map created in the late 2000s that shows a learning goal that I tried to implement in the Chicago program that I was leading and that I encourage others to adopt.

Imagine how the future might differ if all kids in high poverty areas had full access to the Internet and digital learning, and were self-motivated to find articles and videos about Artificial Intelligence and tools like ChatGPT.  Imagine if teachers and mentors were helping them understand how to apply these tools to their learning, their work, and to community problem-solving.

That's a future to wish for.....and to work for. 

Thanks for reading. 


Find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Mastodon. Let's connect. Let's share ideas like they do in #clmooc and #etmooc2.  

If you can help me pay the bills, please visit this page and send a contribution. 

No comments: