Saturday, October 07, 2023

Join the October Write-Out

I saw the post below by my friend Kevin Hodgson about the October Write-Out which is starting this week.
The link to the post is here, and the link to the Write-Out prompts is here


Kevin is part of the #clmooc group of educators that I have been networking with since 2013.  I've pointed to his blog often from my articles because of how he shares ideas that educators as well as non-school tutor, mentor and learning program staff, students and volunteers can use.

Here's a link to the stories he has posted this year, and in past years about the National Write-Out which is a partnership with the National Park Service. 

Since many volunteers have just been introduced to the students they will work with for the coming school year, this writing activity is a great way for them to get to know each others.  It's not too late to join the activities.  Furthermore, the archives will always be available for use throughout the year. 

I led a volunteer-based tutor/mentor program from 1975 to 2011 and several former volunteers have made donations over the past 12 years to help fund the Tutor/Mentor Institute, LLC.  I received a generous gift today from Kathy Cheevers, who was a volunteer in the 1980s!  Thank you.

For those who want to help, here is the link to my FundT/MI page. 

1 comment:

Dogtrax said...

Thanks, Daniel, for helping to spread the word.
Kevin