Thursday, December 07, 2023

Spreading the Good News

When I started the Tutor/Mentor Connection in 1993 the goal was to draw more consistent attention, and resources, to all of the volunteer-based tutor, mentor and learning programs in Chicago, including the one I and six other volunteers had started in January 1993.

Here is one of several articles on this blog where I've described the public awareness strategies that I've led for the past 30 years. 

I've never had consistent funding, nor adequate funding, to do this as well as needed, so I've innovated ways to use events and the Internet, and for the past 15 years, social media.

Below I'm giving you an example of my social media posts from the past week.  You can find links to my Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Mastodon and Bluesky platforms on this page.

This was posted on LinkedIn


This was posted on Twitter (now X)


This was posted on Facebook


This was posted on Mastodon.Social


I'm posting on three Mastodon accounts. So this was posted on Mastodon.Cloud


I posted this on Bluesky


I posted this on Instagram


I'm working on my year-end fund-raising letter and while I appeal for small contributions (click here) to support my birthday appeal or my Fund T/MI appeal (click here), I'm also asking people to share my posts, create their own blog articles and versions of my strategies, and help build needed public awareness and involvement.

For the past 10 years Twitter has seemed to generate the most engagement and drawn the most support for my efforts.  Yet since the site was sold to its current owner, people have reduced their use of the platform and even abandoned it completely.

Yet, if you look at my message on the Bluesky post shown above, I'm not finding many talking about the issues I focus on on that platform, or on my Mastodon accounts.  That means it is more important than ever that you make an effort to help share the strategies I post on this blog and on the www.tutormentorexchange.net site.


Thank you for reading this article and others that I've posted over the past year, and past decade.

I wish you a safe, healthy, happy and hope-filled Holiday.


No comments: