Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Networks and Social Innovation - Recommended

Through my Facebook network I've connected with a wide range of innovative thinkers. One who I follow frequently is Giorgio Bertini, who hosts a web site with many articles related to complexity, networks, social change, etc.

I encourage you to read this article titled "Networks and Social Innovation for Resilient Systems"

I set up a new page on the Tutor/Mentor Institute, LLC site focused on Social Network Analysis. It will serve as a central resource to point to the many other places where network building and information sharing is taking place.

As you read this read some of the articles I've written about network building, learning and Networking.

In the final section of this article, the author writes: "If a social innovation network has too few institutional entrepreneurs, it may be deactivated if one entrepreneur is lost."
My goal for the next 3 to 10 years is to expand the number of leaders who adopt and embrace the Tutor/Mentor Connection and Tutor/Mentor Institute, LLC so that the work I've done over the past 35 years won't be lost when I'm no longer around.

I shared this vision with the long-term leader of a high profile youth organization in Chicago during a meeting yesterday, saying we need a beneficiary who is ready to give $25 million or more to his alma matter to devote that money to building the Tutor/Mentor Institute so we can capture the collective wisdom of many leaders who have devoted their lives to helping youth and make that wisdom and experience available as knowledge that future generations might use.

If you want to associate your name with this vision I'd be happy to hear from you.



No comments: