Thursday, September 26, 2019

Connecting with the world and the powerful - via Twitter

I've included versions of this graphic often in my blog articles to show my role in connecting people who can help, to information they can use to support decisions they make about who they will help and what type of help they will provide.

I've never had much (any) money for advertising so have used blogs, my web sites, email newsletters and social media to try to connect with others.  Below are a few Tweets from the past few weeks that illustrate how I am doing this.

I posted this on Sept. 17 as I listened to a webinar hosted by the Forum for Youth Investment  The archive of that event is here


Then on Sept 19 I participated in this #MPCLuncheon, hosted by The Metropolitan Planning Council, with Tweets like this,

Here's another Tweet that I posted, using #MPCLuncheon hashtag.

At the same time I was watching the September 19 City Club of Chicago lunch speaker and posted the Tweet shown below.  The City Club of Chicago hosts weekly lunches and livestreams them so people like myself can engage, just as I'm demonstrating.


Because I mentioned #NodeXL, a network analysis tool, in my #MPCLuncheon Tweet, they created a network analysis map showing who was connecting on September 19.

On Sept. 21 I shared this with Raymond Lopez, Chicago's 15th Ward Alderman

Then I posted this as I followed some Tweets from the Rockefeller Foundation who hosted a major gathering in New York City this week, to discuss ways to achieve the UN Global Goals by 2030.  There are 17 Goals, so their event was organized into #17Rooms.

On Tuesday, Sept. 23, I responded to an email invitation from the Rockefeller Foundation to share #myglobalvision

Also on Tuesday I posted this Tweet, from The Green Living Room in the Woodlawn area of Chicago, just South of Hyde Park.


Today I shared this Tweet, pointing to an article written by the President of IFF (International Finance Fund?).

I've included hashtags and links in describing each of these Tweets, so you can go back and review each of these conversation threads. You can reTweet, LIKE, or even post your own comment, sharing information about your work the way I do.

You can also visit @tutormentorteam and scroll through Tweets I've posted over the past few weeks.  What I've shared in this article are just a small sample of the wide range of people I've reached out to via multiple Tweets. I've been doing this for the past 10 years!

I received some ReTweets, some LIKES, and a few followers from these. Over the past few years I've developed some pretty strong relationships, and cultivated a few new contributors who help fund my work. 

That's the goal.  I want people to use the ideas I share, even if I never hear from them.  

However a larger goal is that someone who reads my post and digs into my blog articles and web sites will step forward to put her name on the Tutor/Mentor Institute, LLC, with a major investment that brings it into a university, or some other structure, where it can be re-built, and reach a much larger network of people than what I've been able to reach.

These articles talk about "A New T/MC". Take some time to look through them.

It's a process. It takes time. It's an investment of time on my part. 

If you want to make a difference, start reading these.  Or start following me on Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook.




No comments: