Over the past few days my #clmooc friend Algot Runeman, who you can find on Mastodon, as been sharing pin buttons. In this article he shows how he makes them and how he wore a different pin button every day while he was a teacher. His students loved it!
This seems like something that could be an activity in any site-based tutor/mentor program, which is why I'm sharing it. If you read his article you'll find several pages of pins that he created in the past, which you can use as you make your own. Or you can create your own.
This would fit well with creative activities like the Student Voices project at Tutoring Chicago. Below is one student creation which you can view in this PDF.
As programs are recruiting volunteers for the new school year, imagine having pin-buttons created by your own students and volunteers to hand out at recruitment fairs and events.
I see ideas like this because I scroll through my LinkedIn, Instagram, Mastodon, BlueSky and Facebook post each day. I hope you'll connect with me in one, or more, of these places.
Finally, I depend on financial support from a small group of people (even though I'm not a 501-c-3) to keep doing this work. Visit this page if you can help.






No comments:
Post a Comment