Sunday, March 25, 2012

Expanding Network - Webheads

I spent time this morning in an on-line forum where Susan Hillyard from Buenos Aires shared ideas about using educational drama to engage kids. The recording is at http://tinyurl.com/2012mar25hillyard

As I learned during this event I added new links to the Library at http://tinyurl.com/TMC-Library so that while I was learning I was also passing on these ideas to others who might visit my web site and learn from me. This graphic shows how I share information in many web sites and how this pulls people from all over the world to this information and to my own ideas for helping tutor/mentor programs grow in high poverty areas. It's impossible to give a precise count of how many people have visited my sites, but the visit count is well over 850,000 since 1998 when I began hosting a web site.

Yet, the number of people who I share ideas with is even larger. This map shows the places I host information and some of the many places where I participate in web forums hosted by others. This includes Facebook, Linked In, Social Edge and numerous other places where people share ideas related to social change, innovation, collaboration, knowledge management, poverty, education, etc. See live map, here.

I'm going to be hosting a discussion on April 15, at 8am Chicago time, in the Webheads group (see Learning2Gether site). I'll be describing the 4-part strategy that I've been developing for over 20 years.

This is FREE, very informal, and one of many places where I hope to share ideas that lead to more people acting consistently and strategically to help mentor-rich programs reach low-income kids, with a wide range of learning, mentoring and career-focused activities.

No comments: