Friday, August 11, 2023

I Wrote this in 2005. Still Applies.

I often look at articles I wrote in past years and find that what I wrote still applies today.  So I share some of my posts on Twitter, then point to them in this blog.  I hope that encourages people to visit these older posts and apply the ideas to new actions.

Take a look. I started with this post.

 Then I added this. 

Then I added this.
Then I added this.

Then I added this. 

Then I added this post

Then I pointed to this 2006 article. 

I followed that with this post 

In 2005 and 2006 blogging was a new thing and if you look at my posts you'll see much more engagement on my articles then in the comment section than I have now. Yet the ideas are the same, and the problems I'm focused on are the same.

What's changed is that people's attention span is much more fragmented and my ability to purchase advertising and professional marketing support does not exist. Thus, unless readers share my Tweets or blog articles with their networks, the ideas just sit in a dark corner, waiting to be discovered.


At the left is a photo taken in 1993 or 1994 showing me surrounded by kids and volunteers from the new tutor/mentor program we had launched in late 1992, at the same time as we are launching the Tutor/Mentor Connection in Chicago.

My life has been shaped by such interactions, extending back to 1973 when I first became a volunteer tutor/mentor. 

My goal is that thousands of other people make the same life-long journey and that this leads to quantum changes in how we help kids in high poverty areas move through school and into adult lives and jobs that enable them to raise their own kids free of poverty.

Please connect with me on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Mastodon and other social media platforms. See links on this page.


No comments: