Friday, August 14, 2009

Learning from others - Fund Raising, Leadership, etc.

I wish I had 30 hours in a day, or did not need 8 hours of sleep each night. I'd use the extra time to follow links on the T/MC blog and learn from the vast amount of expertise being freely shared by others.

Last night I was up late because of a radio show I was on at 12:15 am. I spent the time updating the blog links on the T/MC site, and reading some of the blogs which are on the blog roll of the Give & Take Blog of the Chronicle of Philanthropy.

Since I was not familiar with most of the blogs listed on the Give & Take site, I started at the bottom and moved up the list, opening each site, and reading a bit about what they offered. I could earn a PhD if I could do this more often.

We could pack 100 hours into each 24 hour day, if I could motivate my volunteers, board members and supporters to spend just one hour a week reading and learning from some of these writers.

Plus, on most of these blogs, they have their own links and blog role. It's a resource that keeps on expanding.

Here's a few sites that I'd like to visit more often. These are just a random selection. You really need to visit the site yourself. Browse the articles and the links list:

To Busy to Fundraise

The Grant Place

Wise Philanthropy

Shared Outcome & Impact Measurement

No comments: