Sunday, July 01, 2012

On line Mentoring Forums - Do you know any?

This is a map that shows some of the places I try to connect and share ideas with others who have an interest in volunteer-based tutoring and/or mentoring programs. Here's the live map. Click on any of the links and you can join in places where I'm connecting.

The problem is, I can't find many on-line places where volunteers, leaders, researchers, donors, etc. are talking to each other and using maps and visualizations like on this blog to share ideas of how mentoring programs can help more kids through school and into careers.

I do web searches often to try to locate such groups. Today I did one and here's a couple of links I'll follow this week to try to make an introduction.

San Antonio Mentoring Forum - click here

Mentoring Forums of Education Northwest - click here
(I actually have this on my map but the link is broken. Until I fix it you can use this.)

Mentoring Research List Serve, hosted by Dr. David DuBois at UIC - click here to join (I've been part of this for many years.)

Do you know of open, interactive forums where ideas like on this blog are being discussed? Add a comment and share the link.





No comments: