Sunday, January 06, 2013

Mapping Conference Participation - Nov. 08

I've just found a simple tool to use to map participation in an event. This shows the people who attended the November 2008 Tutor/Mentor Leadership and Networking Conference held in Chicago. I've been hosting these since 1994 but have not been able to attract consistent funding or sponsorship from business, foundations or city of Chicago leaders (political or public schools).



I've been trying to create an mapping and analysis capacity for many years. Today I learned about a free application called MapAList, which I used to create the above map in less than 20 minutes!

Over the next few months I'm going to try to map participation of all past conferences. I'd like to find volunteers, interns, etc. to help.

In addition, I'm hosting the next conference on June 7, at the Metcalfe Federal Building in Chicago. I'm looking for sponsors, speakers, partners, etc. Join the Tutor/Mentor Forum Conference planning group or email me at tutormentor2@earthlink.net if you'd like to become involved.

No comments: