Friday, June 23, 2023

Focus on program design. Drawing attention.

Since 2005 I've posted more than 1200 articles on this blog. That means there's a lot to read. That's a problem.   So I use my Tweets to try to draw attention to specific sets of articles.  I posted these today.

 


 

These can be viewed in this collection of articles.  I realize that most people won't take the time to read many of these articles, which is why I've continued to encourage high schools and  universities to create a Tutor/Mentor Connection type study group on their campus, building this into on-going learning and leadership courses.  I shared that invitation in this Tweet.


Thanks for taking time to read this article.  If you go a step further and share it on social media and with your own personal network, you're taking an active role in helping kids in high poverty areas of Chicago and other places get the on-going extra support most need to move safely through school and into adult lives.


This is a photo from 1993 with myself surrounded by kids and volunteers in the new tutor/mentor program that I and six other volunteers created in November 1992. 

As you read my articles imagine such connections being established in thousands of safe places.  

I'm on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Mastodon, Instagram and a few other platforms (see links here).  Please connect with me.

If you can help fund the Tutor/Mentor Institute, LLC with a small contribution, visit this page and use the PayPal.  Thank you. 


No comments: