Monday, July 10, 2023

Resources to help you help kids

A few years ago I created a blog article with links to all the various resources that I've been sharing for the past 20+ years. I shared this article in these two Twitter posts. Here's the second Take time to browse the article and learn what's there. Then bookmark the site and use as an on-going reference.

Tomorrow I'll be sending out my July 2023 Tutor/Mentor eNews.  It focuses on summer planning that leads to better youth programs in the fall.  The resources in my blog article can be used in any place where leaders want to do more to help kids through school and into adult lives. 


All of the links I point to in my library represent pieces of a huge ecosystem of people and organizations and ideas that need to be connected in on-going idea-sharing, relationship-building, mutual-support, etc. that leads to more creative and effective ways to reach kids in high poverty areas with on-going support that leads them through school and into adult lives, with jobs that enable them to live where ever they want, and raise their own kids free of poverty. 

Here's one article that talks about building this ecosystem.  And, here's an article that describes the learning goals of such an ecosystem. 

I'm now 76 and every day I'm thinking about who might take ownership of this library, my archives, and the vision I've piloted over the past 25+ years.  Universities would be ideal places because of a constant flow of new students into their learning ecosystem who say for four to eight years then move on into society where (hopefully) they apply what they learned for the rest of their lives.

This article shows that vision. Please share it with people who might fund such a program at one or more universities.  

Thanks for reading. If you share my articles you're already taking a leadership role.  Connect with me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Mastodon (not yet on Threads).  

If you're able, please consider a small contribution to help me fund the Tutor/Mentor Institute, LLC. Visit this page

No comments: