Saturday, June 08, 2024

Browse the archives. Apply the ideas.


Since January I've been posting articles that share newsletters, yearbooks, maps, media stories and other archives from my 50 years of leading a tutor mentor program in Chicago and trying to help similar programs grow in more places.

As you go through this weekend, and the coming weeks, I hope you'll take time to scroll through past articles, or hit the archive, history or newsletter tabs at the left, and read past articles.

In an ideal world you'd be able to find a handful of blogs like mine in every place with concentrations of persistent poverty, with articles that stretch back 10 to 20 years or longer.  

That may not be what's happened in the past, but it could be in the future, if individuals and groups will read my articles and create and publish their own versions, using multiple formats, not just text.

In the concept map shown below I  point to articles written about my work, by people I've met over the past 10-15 years.  
I'd love to have a version of this where I'm pointing to media created by others, that duplicate messages I've put in my blog articles and past newsletters.  Share the link in the comment section if you're doing this, or on social media.

Visit this page to find my social media links.  Visit this page to help fund my work. 

Thanks for reading, and sharing, my articles. Have a great weekend!

No comments: