Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Enlist Students as Communicators

I've had interns from various colleges work with me off and on for the past 15 years. In addition, volunteers in the Cabrini Connections program that I led from 1992 to 2011 organized a video club, where teens learned to create videos.

I've focused some of this work on communicating some of the ideas I originated in blogs and other formats, using video, Prezi or PowerPoint, flash animation, etc.

I have two new interns with me, who started on May 22. This is a video created by Kyngryul Kim.



You can see more work done by interns on this page.

I've written often about the challenges small non profits have in attracting the talent and dollars they need to keep kids and volunteers connected.

Imagine how much more effective they could be if the there were students and volunteers in high schools, colleges, faith groups and other tutor/mentor programs creating their own versions of these presentations, pointing to their own city if they are not in Chicago.

No comments: