Saturday, August 10, 2013

20 Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in America. Chicago tops list

One of my Facebook groups shared this article with me today, showing 20 Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in America.
I responded by sharing a link to the Map Gallery I host, showing maps I've created between 2008 and 2011 that show high poverty neighborhoods where volunteer-based tutor/mentor programs can be a form of social capital, connecting youth and families in the neighborhood with resources, ideas and jobs out of the neighborhood.

While I've shared these maps in blogs like this, too few people know they exist and too few people are using them as planning tools for building a distribution of resources and programs that would help youth and families build economic stability, education opportunities, and a life free of violence.

If you read the map stories and share them with people in your own network you can help increase use of these maps. You may even help me find volunteers, sponsors and/or partners to update the maps and keep the service available.

No comments: