Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Your Help Needed

I created the Tutor/Mentor Connection (T/MC) in 1993 to help volunteer-based tutor and/or mentor programs grow in all high poverty neighborhoods of Chicago. While I led this under a non-profit structure until 2011, I've led it through the Tutor/Mentor Institute, LLC since then.

I've never had consistent funding to do all I was trying to do, and resources have been more difficult to find in recent years, yet, if you read articles on this blog, you'll see what I'm doing.

Below is a concept map showing milestones over the past 25 years. I keep drawing from this experience to try to help versions of the Tutor/Mentor Connection grow in other cities, helping build systems of support for economically disadvantaged youth in more places.

1992 to present milestones of T/MC


Here'as a link to my holiday appeal letter, and here's a direct link to my FUND ME page. Your help keeps my voice and ideas available in 2019 and beyond.


2 comments:

Sheri42 said...

Happy Birthday Daniel! I donated here. May you have a rewarding mentorship year in 2019!

Tutor Mentor Connections said...

Thank you Sheri. Happy Holidays to you!