Sunday, December 27, 2020

Tour the Tutor/Mentor Institute, LLC website

 

2020 has brought tragedy and hardship to many and I hope 2021 will reverse that and bring HOPE and HEALTH to people throughout the world.

At the left is a screen shot showing the home page of the Tutor/Mentor Institute, LLC www.tutormentorexchange.net website. Between December 25 and today it was not opening. However, I've just checked, and it's working again!  Great.

From this site I point to all of my other websites, including my "Fund T/MI" page.   I invite you to visit and make a contribution to help me continue the work I've been doing for another year. 

The TMI website provides information that anyone can use to help build and sustain youth tutor/mentor programs, along with strategies for collective action and information-based problem solving.  On this site are links to all other T/MI websites  

The http://www.tutormentorconnection.org site hosts my list of Chicago area non-school tutor, mentor and learning programs along with my web library.  If you scroll to the bottom of this blog site you find links to other pages.



My library of concept maps is hosted on this page of the TMI site. If you browse past articles on this blog, tagged Concept Maps, you can find links to individual cMaps in each article.  


You can find links to my blogs, such as the MappingforJustice blog, which shows uses of maps to help build a distribution of resources needed to support comprehensive programs in every high poverty area. You can also find links to the Tutor/Mentor Intern blog, which shows work interns did between 2006 and 2015 to help others understand the work being done by the Tutor/Mentor Connection and Tutor/Mentor Institute, LLC. 

If you visit this article you can find links to sections of the Tutor/Mentor library and to all of my concept maps and pdf strategy presentations. 

If you scroll down the left side of this blog you'll also find links that take you directly to many of my websites.  



When I began leading a volunteer-based tutor/mentor program in Chicago in 1975 we already had more than 100 pairs of volunteers and elementary school kids participating weekly. I held a full-time advertising job as my primary responsibility and the program had no paid staff.  Thus, I began to create a library of information and used weekly bulletins to encourage volunteers to "educate yourself".

I continued that strategy when forming the Tutor/Mentor Connection in 1993, aiming for volunteers, donors and leaders throughout Chicago to draw from information I was aggregating to help mentor-rich non-school programs grow in every high poverty neighborhood.  I've created PPT essays to communicate ideas and strategies since the mid 1990s and now you can find collections on Slideshare.com and Scribd.com 

I started the www.tutormentorexchange.net website in 1998. Browse the site and my other websites and blogs and you'll find extensive information intended to help you and others build a deeper understanding of the challenges of poverty and the benefits of youth tutor, mentor and learning programs along with strategies to help every program become great and stay great, while helping new programs start where more are needed.  Please use these throughout the year.

Thank you and may 2020 bring you good health, happiness, joy and prosperity. 

No comments: