Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Giving - December and Beyond

Below is a Tweet showing how I've attempted to draw donors to Chicago area volunteer-based tutor and/or mentor programs in support of yesterday's Giving Tuesday campaign.
I hope they were all successful, but want to emphasize, that they need on-going support throughout the year, not just in November and December.  That's why the lists I maintain are so important. They help people find programs that may not have as much marketing power, but are still needed in different parts of the Chicago region. 

While I led Tutor/Mentor Connection as a non-profit from 1993 to mid 2011 I've led it via the Tutor/Mentor Institute, LLC since late 2011, which does not have a 501-c-3 status.

Yet, I'm still poorly funded and depend on contributions to help me keep writing this blog, hosting my library, sharing via email and social media, etc. 

Thus, I've created two December campaigns to help fund my efforts.


This first is my December 19th birthday campaign.  For those who don't want to donated to a non-charity organization, make a gift to honor my birthday.  Each $7.60 lights one candle on my birthday cake.

Click here to make that gift. 


The second way to give is through the "Fund T/MI" campaign.  Millions of non-charity people have set up "fund me" campaigns.  This is mine.  Click here and use the PayPal to send a contribution. 

On my "Fund T/MI" page I've posted a log, showing some of my efforts during 2022 to help tutor/mentor programs grow in Chicago and other cities. I've done this for the past five years. 

At age 76 I'm not trying to create a new Tutor/Mentor Connection. Instead I'm trying to motivate people to duplicate my efforts and help build a similar structure in every major city of the USA and the world.  Read some of these "a new T/MC" articles to see what I'm asking. 

As I do this I need your continued help to spread the word, keep my efforts funded, and keep drawing attention and support to my library and lists of youth serving programs. 

Thank you to everyone who has contributed in past years.  Please repeat again in 2022 and in 2023.  

No comments: