Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Who are we trying to reach? Who is helping spread the word?

I've had lots of people ask "who's your target audience"? Who are we trying to reach with the information on our web site?



I point to this graphic to illustrate that I'm trying to reach anyone, and everyone, who is concerned about poverty, racism, social justice, workforce development, public health, education, and the democracy of America.

So how do we reach these people? One way is through networking. I do this a lot. One strategy is to be part of blog exchanges. A few weeks ago, I posted a message about Brandywine Consulting and here is the message they wrote in their blog about what the Tutor/Mentor Connection.

Sometimes I find it difficult to help people understand what I do. However, when other people explain it, as Brandywine Consulting does, my hope is that others will understand through the way they explan it.

I ask the staff and volunteers at Cabrini Connections, Tutor/Mentor Connection, along with our interns, to write blogs for the same purpose. My hope is that our collective explanations and different perspectives, will help more people understand what we do, and why it is important for them to become involved.

I hope you'll write about the Tutor/Mentor Connection and Cabrini Connections and pass on your understanding and commitment so others get involved because of your leadership, not because of what I do.

If you are a tutor/mentor program leader, and you do not use a blog as part of your outreach and marketing, I encourage you to launch such a strategy, using the examples we point to via the Blog Exchange and other links.

No comments: