Sunday, February 21, 2010

Illinois Schools: Income-based gap proves hard to close

Two stories in today's Chicago Tribune that I encourage you to read:

Income-based gap proves hard to close shows that since 2002 the achievement gap has actually grown wider between low-income students and higher income students in Illinois.

Lesson from the street: Don’t back down is the second story.

Unfortunately, other than being in the same paper, I don't see an effort to link the two stories. As you're looking for solutions, and ways Tribune readers can get involved, I encourage you to read stories I've written in the past about strategy, leadership, violence, media, etc. The tags on the side of my site, are like chapters in a text book.

Follow the links in these articles and you'll be more informed, and hopefully find more ways to be involved.

No comments: