Monday, February 06, 2012

Where Good Ideas Come From

Thank you to my Facebook friends for sharing this video with me. I encourage you all to take a look at it.


As you look at this, I also encourage you to browse the articles I point to in i this set of linksn the Tutor/Mentor Connection library.

These links point to articles like the one about TRIZ, the Theory of Inventive Problem Solving, enable people to connect more consistently with ideas (or hunches as this video calls them) that stimulate creativity, innovation and problem solving.
By aggregating information about tutoring, mentoring, and how to help volunteer-based tutor/mentor programs grow in more places on my web sites I'm trying to stimulate innovation and creativity across the entire sector of youth serving organizations, as well as within the sector of companies, philanthropist, volunteers and others who must also be innovating new ways to make these programs available for decades, not just a few years.

I have never had the resources or philanthropic investment needed to support the work I am trying to do. However, I describe the vision and strategies to support it in this wiki. By sharing my ideas like this, I'm leaving myself wide open for others to borrow them to stimulate their own creativity and innovation, meaning they might attract donor and investor interest in implementing these ideas before I can. Or it might mean I'll never generate the support needed to build these ideas from my own base of operations.

If that means I no longer can support this information sharing, then the innovation well dries up for everyone who has found this useful. However, if it means that some other people can put these ideas into practice better than I can, and do more to help build systems of support for more inner city kids than I can, that's a good thing.

Right?

No comments: